Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for an Interim Azure DBA As a Database administrator to work on a 3-6 month’s contract with a potential to go permanent.
You will be responsible for all the operational aspects of cloud-native and hybrid data platform solutions built with Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Azure Data Services for the Council.
Working within a newly created agile team, you will help to maintain availability on all current and legacy data services, whilst collaborating with the various teams to design and build new strategic solutions based on Azure and other cloud technologies.
You will also develop and maintain CI/CD database code to support applications and IT utilities.
Demonstrate to a high standard the knowledge and ability to administer Microsoft SQL Server database Servers and AlwaysOn instances in an enterprise IT environment and to develop PBI reports.
Common responsibilities will include database design, data integrity, data security, business continuity, database availability, enterprise database management, process improvement, database performance, incident/problem management, covering both the production and non-production environments, schema design, stored procedures, functions, views, and PBI.
Skills and Abilities:
* Substantial proven experience installing, configuring and supporting Microsoft SQL Server, plus PBI.
* Proven ability to write clear documentation and articles for end-user and technical-user use
* Ability to work with a diverse user base and external 3rd parties
* Ability to work independently and as part of an Agile team providing timely, high-quality user-focused services.
* Experience in continuous improvement and continuous delivery on database projects
* Experience with DevOps release management tools like Jira/Git/TeamCity/Octopus Knowledge and Experience:
* Proven SQL server administration, support and database development experience
* In depth SQL Server security; Proxy accounts, roles, logins, users and execution context
* Experience of working within an enterprise Azure SQL environment.
* Experience in providing high-level technical support both operationally and to end users
* Using Active Directory on-prem and Azure AD
* Knowledge of modern data practices, including the technologies used, platforms and services
* Experience in automating tasks
* Experience in planning and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery environments
Role closing date: 17/11/2022.
Interviews will be held strictly on 23/11/2022.
Starting date: ASAP.
To get more information about this role and how to apply please contact Anisha