Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an opportunity for an Enabling Governance Manager on a 2 month’s contract with a possibility of an extension.
Portfolio/responsibilities of this role;
* This role will work across the whole of the Digital and Innovation portfolio, supporting activity across core IT and technology, customer and digital, and our Smart City ambitions to make Westminster a world class City for All. This will require a proactive and relentless focus on delivery
* The role is an enabling one, with user need at the heart of the approach taken to improve outcomes for the people of Westminster.
* The postholder could be asked to work in a range of ways, from being part of a Product team working to iterate a product to continuously improve and meet the needs of our users, to a member of a Project team using Agile/Waterfall methodologies to deliver agreed outcomes, or a member of a service team delivering against a set of requirements.
* Through the way the teams will work the postholder will drive a change to the culture of the organisation as part of the Digital and Innovation portfolio
* Assist the Business Management Lead to redesign our technology governance processes from scratch, introducing lightweight and effective governance processes which ensure best value for money for the council and make the most of opportunities to combine user need and engage in single exercises
* Design simple, meaningful governance processes which are used in appropriate ways between traditional project governance and the lightweight and autonomous governance of multidisciplinary product teams
* Manage the digital and innovation delivery portfolio; build roadmaps and plans as necessary; write reports and updates for the corporate PMO; highlight risks and blockers; attribute deliverables to savings
* Oversee and ensure all technology (or related) policies are up to date, relevant, accessible and extremely well communicated
Reports to: Business Management & Engagement Lead Direct Reports: Junior Enabling Governance Officer, Information Management Officer x 2
* Understanding of various governance techniques
* Understanding of best practice portfolio management techniques
* Understanding of project management standards
* Some understanding of modern technology standards
* Knowledge of the cross-government Digital Marketplace and government procurement methodologies
* Knowledge of agile delivery practices
* Understanding of financial management
* Experience running a portfolio management office
* Experience of project management
* Knowledge of Product Management governance methods
* Experience running governance mechanisms in a high-paced environment
* Experience line managing others
* Experience building delivery roadmaps and plans
* Experience coaching others
* Experience taking part in procurement exercises
To get more information about this role and how to apply please contact Anisha.