Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an opportunity for an Pest Control Officer on a 3 month’s contract with a possibility of an extension.
* To discharge the Councils Duties under the Public Health Act 1936 and the Prevention of Damage by Pests Act 1949, by providing the effective control of rodents, insects and other pests in a safe and responsible manner.
* Survey sites and premises to assess levels of infestation of rats, mice and insects. Determine the most appropriate treatment method and required frequency of application. Record details and locations of rodenticides applied. Remove all rodenticide at end of treatment programme. Collect and dispose of rodent bodies in approved manner, as required.
* Recommend further remedial works and other preventative measures to be carried out in conjunction with any treatment programme. Make appropriate referrals to other Council officers, Housing Associations, Private Landlords, Home Owners, Occupiers and businesses. Work in close connection with internal and external partners, e.g. CSC, Regulatory Services etc
* Record details of and account for all products removed from poison store. Prepare and mix poison baits and insecticides as required. Ensure their safe and secure use and transportation. All in accordance with the Manufacturers directions, recommendations of DEFRA and the in-house COSHH and risk assessments.
* To update daily the MIS with written reports, on investigations actions and visits and also to inform the Senior Pest Control Officer with investigations as required. Or as directed to other Council officers.
· To hold a professional qualification in pest control – Royal Society of Health Certificate in Pest Control, British Pest Control Association Diploma in Pest Control. (or equivalent).
· Valid and Full UK Driving Licence (with no major convictions).
· Have a basic knowledge / understanding of the legislative framework relevant to the team and its application to casework.
· Enable effective investigation of complaints and other enquiries
· Effectively monitor the progress of works/actions required by informal/formal action
· Basic understanding of information systems and new technology e.g. Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook. .
· To be able to write clear, accurate and concise reports and maintain records, both hand written and on computer.
· The ability to work unsupervised.
· The ability to plan and coordinate daily work loads to ensure effective delivery of the service.
· The ability to provide the service focusing on customer needs and expectations.
· Display sensitivity, tact and diplomacy in dealing with clients. Be able to respond flexibly in differing circumstances.
· To be able to work flexibly and as part of a team as required.
· Basic knowledge of drainage /sewer systems and drain testing methods
To get more information about this role and how to apply please contact Anisha