Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an opportunity for a Purchasing officer on a 3 month’s contract with a possibility of an extension.
The role of the Purchasing Officer is to work with the Schools IT Support Service and across all teams to assist with support of procurement activity with Council Schools, including preparation of tender documents, supplier evaluation, defining and agreeing tender evaluation criteria.
Example outcomes or objectives that this role will deliver:
* To respond to procurement request from schools, evaluate requirements, inform of costs, advise on best practice, and complete sales cycle
* Achieve SLA targets with the effective use of call management system, Jira, Halo
* Focus on customer experience to deliver highest possible service outcomes
* To collect, review and report on supplier service and contract performance data.
* To resolve routine contract related problems and recognise when to escalate them to more experienced colleagues where required.
* To support the effective financial management of contracts, including assisting budget holders with their financial management where required.
* To manage routine communication with suppliers, to ensure successful delivery of products and services and attend routine operational
* To support the Procurement Lead and other officers in developing and implementing consistently good contract management standards and procedures across the ICT service.
* To draft internal ICT procurement and contract management procedures and standards for review by Procurement Lead and ICT Management Team.
* To assist the Procurement Lead and other officers by supporting budget holders in their effective financial management and the achievement of best value for money. This will include the post holder using their experience of developing and monitoring contracts to recognise opportunities for savings and/ or obtaining increased value from review of contracts.
* This post reports to the Schools and Traded Services Manager.
* Routinely attend school land council office sites as a key part of the role.
Technical knowledge and experience:
To get more information about this role and how to apply please contact Anisha.
Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an opportunity for an Senior Engineer- Highways Maintenance, Traffic and...Apply For This Job