Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an opportunity for an Senior Engineer- Highways Maintenance, Traffic and Transport services on a 3 month’s contract with a possibility of an extension.
To provide specialist professional engineering and technical support to the Highways Maintenance and Traffic and Transport services. The role will include supporting work with Planning applications, Flood risks processes and Network Rail requirements amongst other similar work tasks.
1. As a member of the Team to be jointly responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the Team and to carry out such technical functions as may be required; to ensure Service Management Team decisions are carried out as appropriate.
2. To provide, maintain, develop, design, implement and pro-actively improve the services provided by the Service accord with Council policy and in particular;
a. are efficiently and effectively discharges with the active participation of the local community, the voluntary sector, business and specialist groups as appropriate using appropriate consultative techniques.
b. are accessible to all members of the community and geared resources to their needs.
c. are of a high quality commensurate with available resources and represent value for money in meeting the Customer and Client expectations and requirements.
3. To aid in acting as a Council’s spokesperson on Engineering and Traffic matters when requested.
4. To assist in progressing the effective project management of assigned projects through all stages from conception through to implementation and monitoring. With support undertake the role of Project Manager for smaller/medium projects including consultation, programming, planning and co-ordination.
5. To co-ordinate, prioritise work, establish work programmes and schedules for the assigned functional areas of work and ensuring their achievement and providing or securing technical guidance and training as necessary in this connection.
6. To develop, design, consult, progress and implement measures to assist, enhance, maintain and promote the use of the highway network and infrastructure and be responsible for ensuring information and administrative support is provided for statutory functions under the Highway Act 1980 and associated legislation and functions.
7. To be responsible for ensuring that all actions of the post holder confirm to the Council’s quality standards and policies, Acts of Parliament, Statutory Instruments, Standing Orders, Service and Departmental Office Manuals, Financial Regulations, Contract Management and Administration systems and procedures, etc.
8. To assist in the production, development and review of contracts, technical codes of practice and the tendering process from pre-feasibility to post implementation reviews for the assigned functional areas of responsibility.
To get more information about this role and how to apply please contact Anisha.
Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an opportunity for a Principal Planning Officer on a 3...Apply For This Job