Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an opportunity for a Complex & Disrepair Works Manager on a 3 month’s contract with a possibility of an extension.
Accountable to the Operations and Repairs Team Leader; you will be part of a team to ensure that the Council’s complex day to day repairs and disrepairs work to its housing stock are delivered to the highest standards of quality, customer satisfaction, health and safety through thorough end to end inspection regimes. Agree project scope of works with subcontractors or direct delivery trades to ensure delivery is within agreed timescales and costs. Manage 2 direct reports and approximately 12 in direct reports. Work within the budget constraints as set by the Operations and Repairs Team Leader of approximately £2m.
Example outcomes or objectives that this role will deliver:
* Commercially aware of operational decisions, ensuring the service remains within budget.
* Responsibility for liaison with Legal department/legal disrepair to establish scope of works on a case by case basis.
* Inspection and identification of the cause of a problem, interrogating and recognising when action needs to be taken and recognising any compliance issues, risks, and making decisions where required
* Provide technical disrepair reports in format required for legal purposes.
* Identify a range of solutions to a problem by conducting evaluations in terms of cost, impact to the resident, quality and potential risks. Making decisions when a bespoke solution might be required and specifying the requirement
* Be a technical expert in approving basic to more complex solutions and setting out a programme of works to the contractor for how and when the solution will be delivered.
* Monitor work in progress, measuring whether it is fit for purpose, timescales, cost, quality, health and safety requirements are being met and identify when contractors are not meeting performance targets and action and make decisions as appropriate.
* Manage the programme of works ensuring contract administration is followed out, whilst continuously monitoring quality, cost and compliance.
* Update all IT work flow systems to ensure work updates are captured and recorded at the earliest opportunity. * Work closely with the repairs teams to coordinate work associated with the housing stock and recall works to minimise duplication of resource
* Attend disrepair court hearings as required.
* Discharge the Division’s responsibilities under the council Safety Risk Management Model and manage all aspects of health and safety and compliance at all times.
People Management Responsibilities:
* 2 direct reports – Complex & Disrepair Works Supervisors
* Indirect management of circa 12 trades staff.
* Delivery through subcontractors
* Point of escalation for administration and support teams.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
* Extensive experience in delivering complex/disrepairs service for social housing.
* Extensive experience, knowledge and understanding of repairs techniques
* Understanding of disrepair legislation, Including a sound knowledge of: o The Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 o Defective premises Act 1972
* Detailed Knowledge and understanding of pre and post inspection processes, building pathology and repairs techniques
* Detailed Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities in relation to construction and Construction Design and Management (CDM) regulations.
* Knowledge and understanding of key developments and contract issues in construction industry best practice, including partnering and framework agreements
* Knowledge of current housing and social policy issues and legislation
* Ability to project-manage complex programmes of work.
* Knowledge of procurement and tendering requirements in a local authority.
To get more information about this role and how to apply please contact Anisha.