Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an opportunity for a Coordination & Review Officer on a 5 month’s contract.
– To manage a large and complex caseload and maintain accurate and detailed casework records and to manage priorities to meet individual and service performance targets and in accordance with procedures with regard to s.202 and s.204 requests.
– To ensure that the client meets its legal responsibility to carry out enquiries into reviews requested under part VI and VII of the Housing Act 1996 as amended.
– To be responsible for the thorough investigation of reviews and in conjunction with the Reviews Officer and Homelessness Prevention Manager, recommend the appropriate outcome ensuring compliance with the regulatory framework, statutory deadlines and the Code of Guidance.
– Investigate and assess applications for review of decisions and other matters subject to review, making enquiries as necessary to determine the extent of the client’s duties and powers, drafting decision letters as directed.
– Meets deadlines without prompting and proactively consults with relevant managers where an assessment suggests an alternative course of action to a review should take place.
– Provide an excellent customer care service which promotes a positive image of the service to all applicants, advocates internal and external agency customers whether in person, by phone or any other method of communications to raise customer care concerns about the service which emerge as a result of reviews as directed.
– To assist in the identification and addressing of training needs in the service. As directed to provide advice, guidance and training to staff on good practice and legislation and case law.
– To work flexibly in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participate as required in multi-disciplinary cross-department and cross-organisational groups and task teams.
– Take responsibility, appropriate to the post, for ensuring compliance with client’s policies and procedures aimed at promoting and safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable children and adults.
– Directly train, or ensure that training is provided to the team on procedures and policies, contract management, use of Northgate and other IT systems.
– To take responsibility, appropriate to the post for tackling racism and promoting good race, ethnic and community relations.
– Extensive knowledge of the Housing Act 1996 as amended and related legislation and caselaw.
– Demonstrable knowledge of s.202 & s.204 review procedures.
– Understanding of the legal and procedural requirements in relation to homelessness and access to social housing.
– Experience of applying legislation from Part 6 and Part 7 of the Housing Act, and other relevant legislation, case law and best practice to homelessness or review cases.
– Experience of excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to explain complex legislation so it is easily understood by diverse range of customers.
– Experience of achieving performance targets and meeting departmental objectives.
– Experience of undertaking statutory homelessness decisions and Personal Housing Plans under the Housing Act 1996 as amended by Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
– Experience of prioritising competing demands in a pressurised environment, recognize service priorities.
– Experience of using different IT systems in order to manage caseloads, monitor delivery of targets and analyse data to drive improved service.
– Focuses on People
– Takes Ownership
– Works Collaboratively
– Communicates Effectively
– Focuses on Results
To get more information about this role and how to apply please contact Anisha.
Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an opportunity for a Housing Benefit Subsidy and Systems Specialist...Apply For This Job
Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has two opportunities for Planning Officers. We have two locations based...Apply For This Job
Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has a new opportunity for a Principle Estates Surveyor on a...Apply For This Job
Working with a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has a new opportunity for an Asbestos Database Support Officer on a 3...Apply For This Job
Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has a new opportunity for a Property Management Officer on a...Apply For This Job
Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an opportunity for a Clerk of Works on a 3...Apply For This Job
To apply for this job email your details to Anisha.firstname.lastname@example.org.