Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an opportunity for a Pest Control Officer on a month’s contract with a possibility of an extension.
36.00 hours per a week
– Operational pest control experience
– Use of a variety of information systems and technology
– Planning, delivery and co-ordination of workloads
– Planning, delivery and co-ordination of projects
– Ability to communicate at all levels
– Ability to work unsupervised in accordance with agreed work programmes
– Customer focus
– Ability to write concise reports and keep written and computerised records of case work
– Understanding and commitment to working safely
– RSPH Level 2 in Pest Management (or equivalent)
– Valid and full UK driving licence
Key duties and responsibilities;
-To deliver a customer focused, high quality service in accordance with the agreed service specifications, business plan, service level agreements and the requirements of legislation, delegated powers, Council policy and Standing Orders and officer codes of practice and procedures
· To take responsibility for performing allocated tasks as part of casework, making appropriate referrals to manager, other council officers or relevant agencies; including:
· To advise complainants and other members of staff as to suitable treatments and preventative measures.
· To carry out surveys of sites and premises either originating from a complaint, request for service or as part of a regular inspection programme
· To co-ordinate and carry out treatments appropriate to specific task ensuring the most efficient destruction of all pests using approved methods
· To prepare and carry out reports on Investigations, Actions and Visits, to the Assistant Service Manager or, as directed to other council officers.
· To co-ordinate and carry out Block Treatment and Sewer Baiting programmes
· To co-ordinate and carry out collection and dispose of clinical waste
· To co-ordinate and carry out decontamination of articles and premises contaminated with blood and bodily fluids suspected of containing HIV and/or Hepatitis ‘B’ virus
· To co-ordinate and carry out collection and delivery of contracted Incontinent Laundry Service
· To carry out enforcement by serving statute notice, as a part of City of Westminster enforcement duties under the Public Health Act 1936, section 83 and Prevention of Damage by Pests Act 1949, section 4
· To keep proper records of work carried out via the Pest Control Team Record and Documentation system and to record and monitor the use of pesticides and equipment via accurate completion of the ‘Stock Control Register’
· To ensure proper use and care of the council issued mobile phone, ensuring that phone batteries are sufficiently charged and the phone is switched on and working correctly through out the working hours.
· To ensure proper use and care of councils’ vehicle as issued ensuring these are clean, tidy and maintained in accordance with fleet instructions issued by the council vehicle fleet management.
· To participate in the call out- roster for emergencies outside of normal working hours, as required.
· To assist with other minor non-recurring duties appropriate to the post, as directed.
To get more information about this role and how to apply please contact Pocholo.