This role will act as an expert, with particular reference to water hygiene, gas safety, electrical safety, asbestos, boundary wall, safe access, insurance inspections, pressure regulations and fire safety. It will be responsible for establishing and managing policies, practices and technical standards to ensure compliance and manage risk.
To ensure that community school buildings which are owned but not maintained by the Local Authority are being managed and serviced by the schools in accordance with statutory requirements and best practice, for purposes of serviceability of the buildings and grounds and upkeep of the building assets.
Key aspects of the role:
* This is a senior role for a technical and professional expert, with responsibility for identifying and defining priorities with regards to building safety and compliance, contributing to the objective of having the best schools in the country.
* The context for this role is with reference to statutory legislation, including the Health and Safety at Work Act and associated regulations and orders, insurance requirements, international, British Standards and Approved Codes of Practice
* Responsible for management of our building assets, by leading, training, enabling, motivating and monitoring staff, colleagues, contractors and school and children centre staff and governors to ensure they are aware of and able to carry out their legal and technical responsibilities
* This post holder is the Responsible Person with regard to water hygiene management
* The post holder will be an effective communicator with a positive and engaging approach when supporting and educating the business.
* Provide an integrated central divisional management of processing, monitoring and validation of all asset data for the property division with the objective of providing consistent and up-to-date stock condition data to inform strategic and operational business planning and investment decisions.
* To present complex asset data in various formats making best use of available IT resources and present on data to Heads of Service or other key stakeholders to inform investment decisions.
People Management Responsibilities:
No direct people management responsibilities
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
* Degree qualified or able to demonstrate suitable experience
* Member of BIFM, CIBSE desirable
* Detailed knowledge of the health and safety legislation and responsibilities
* IOSH/NEBOSH qualification desirable
* Find better ways to use knowledge of the building compliance process in an educational setting.
* Self-motivated problem-solver able to work on your own initiative but able to recognise when to call on support.
* Ability to develop good working relationships and effective negotiation and communication skills.
* Ability to manage fire safety programmes of work in conjunction with the Fire Safety team