Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has a new opportunity for a Commercial Finance Business Partner on a 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
The post holder will inform and influence strategy and business decisions, to resolve problems and exploit opportunities in collaboration with managers in order to further policy goals by offering expert analysis and interpretation of financial information within the options available ensuring that added value is provided from the support and advice given.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Keep up to date with:
2. Interpreting the impact to the organisation and business plans of these changes/issues, providing financial advice, options and recommendations.
3. Be responsible for ensuring all statutory and non-statutory returns, including grant claims, contain accurate financial information and are completed on time and to standard
4. Grants are maximised and exit strategies are in place
5. Ensure that the forecasted financial position is an accurate and true reflection of the business position and be proactive in identifying:
6. Provide accurate and timely professional support; advice and robust challenge to programmes, projects, business cases and decisions:
7. Ensure that the professional advice given enables the Leadership of the organisation to make clear, informed policy and funding decisions through the appropriate constitutional process.
8. Support mangers in the development, achievement and updating of business plans to
ensure the robustness of the MTFP is maintained.
9. Deputise for the Strategic Finance Business Partner when required.
10. Support the S151 officer in achieving their duties and liaise with Internal Audit on areas of risk.
11. Ensure corporate timelines, standards and processes are applied to in the budget and closedown process.
12. To manage colleagues in line with corporate competency framework and undertake recruitment, training, development and performance management of staff, tackling any issues that may arise.
13. To liaise with other external organisations with regard to data collection, financial analysis and benchmarking.
If this sounds like you, please apply or contact Inesa!