Purpose of Post:
1. Lead the Estates and Assets Team within the Strategic Property division and to be responsible for providing estates management, valuation, acquisition, disposal and property development in respect of the Council’s property portfolio in accordance with regulatory and statutory requirements.
2. To lead the Estates and Assets Team by delivering a comprehensive commercial property management function in respect of the Council’s diverse property portfolio (approx. 500 properties) and to contribute to the delivery and management of those estates management activities.
3. To undertake client and tenant communication/consultation, property management and to undertake professional activities including rent review and lease renewal negotiations, acquisitions, disposals, the preparation of valuations and marketing of vacant property, RICS Red Book, and as required providing advice regarding rating and CPO as appropriate. Some of these activities may be of a complex and/or political nature.
4. Act as the organisational lead on managing the Council’s Asset Valuation process, liaising closely with the Capital Accountancy team and Internal and External Auditors. Ensure that asset valuations are prepared to specification ensuring compliance with statutory regulations and requirements.
5. To be responsible for the effective implementation of allocated individual projects some of which can be complex and involve several stakeholders internally and externally.
6. To lead and manage significant change within the Service in adapting to the changing requirements of buildings, facilities and service customers.
7. To take a lead in de-carbonising the public estate and ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of staff, customer and the public.
We are looking for candidates who is a RICS Member and has 10 years experience in Local Authority