Working as part of a busy team you will be supporting and assisting our most vulnerable residents for our Adult Social Care Teams through providing an individualised financial assessment and billing service to all Adult Social Care customers, integrating welfare benefits advice with financial assessments. This will include:
1. Gathering information on the residents circumstances, particularly finances, covering income, capital and expenditure. To validate information, and complete any requisite forms for financial assessments and benefit claims to be made, processed or reviewed.
2. Carrying out out financial assessments in accordance with relevant legislation, national guidance and any local policy, procedure and guidance.
3. Completing initial benefit checks identifying additional entitlements, help customers make initial claims or reviews. To ensure claims are submitted on time and outcomes monitored.
4. Operating systems and procedures so that income due to the department is, invoiced, collected and accounted for in accordance with departmental and corporate financial regulations, standing orders and guidelines.
You will will have a highy organised approach, with the ability to use you initiative and judgement and are able to demonstrate experience, understanding or skills in the following areas:
* Experience of providing financial assessment or similar services
* Experience of undertaking benefits assessments or providing welfare benefits advice
* Experience of delivering services to disabled and vulnerable people
* Understanding of the principles and practice of either domiciliary or residential charging policies
* Knowledge of current Social Security Benefits, tax credits and related legislation, policy and practice
* IT literate and able to work with different systems and databases, including good excel skills
* Good communication and negotiation skills working with different stakeholders
* Knowledge of Adult Social Care and relevant business processes
You will be expected to:
* Work flexibly across the service responding to changes in demand and move location in order to achieve a seamless service for the customer
* Where required, visit residents in their homes or care settings
* Manage a varying workload, handling changing or conflicting priorities as a result
* Work in a demanding and time pressured environment